Sunday, June 27, 2010

Can someone please wake me up from this nightmare!

I thought I was on remission (and perhaps in denial) till I had a seizure the other night, a bout with a heavyweight migraine that knocked me out and left me bedridden, weak and dizzy. I thought I was ready to give up my meds cuz I was feeling okay since last September. I don't want to be popping pills after pills any more. I guess that's not going to happen. I am dependent on my meds.
I got home from golf that day and I was feeling okay. At dinner while my husband and I were having our pizza, I started having a migraine headache ( which I always have after being out all day). I took a triptan and it usually works instantly but the pain became worse. I panicked which I usually do when I feel facial pain. I started hyper ventilating and was having a hard time breathing. I was sweating bullets and feeling hot and cold at the same time. I was afraid I might be having pneumonia and meningitis. I wanted to be rushed to ER but my body says NO. I was feeling cold and too weak to get up. I preferred to just die in bed. My poor husband was at my beck and call. I asked him to turn the air con off cuz I was feeling cold and to quickly turn it back on cuz I was hot. I asked him to turn the TV off cuz the sound was giving me a headache. This is Neuralgia. I felt the facial nerve pains once again shooting from the gum of my teeth to the bones of my cheeks, burning. I hung on to my pain not wanting to move. Movement makes my pain even worse. My husband then laid down next to me and started caressing my forehead and I felt relaxed. But when he had fallen asleep, I persevered through my pain alone. The whole night was a nightmare and I endured it. The following morning, I felt weak, dizzy and wasted. I stayed in bed and forced myself to eat to have strength. I took my lyrica as always hoping to feel better. On the third day, I could walk around the house but my legs felt wobbly and lame. Now and ever, it's the anticipation of the pain that leaves me helpless and scared. There is nothing you can do when the pain attacks you. You just have to endure it and hope to live through it. I did it this time and knowing that it will come again, the thought of it is already killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment