Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Salvador Dali Theatre-Museum





About his usual residence, Dalí use to say: 
"Portlligat is the place of production.
 It is the perfect place for my work. 
Everything conspires so that it is thus:
 time passes more slowly and each hour has its exact dimension. 
There is a geological calm: it is a unique planetary case".
       
Dali described it “like a true biological structure. 
Each new pulse in our life has its own new cell, a room”.




When you cross the Pyrenees mountains from Languedoc-Rousillon region, 
you are in Dali country in Spain. Along the coast of Costa Brava is Port Lligat, 
 a fishing village in Cadaques where Salvador Dali and his wife Gala resided. 
Here you will find the breathtaking view of the Mediterranean sea that inspired many of the artist's fabulous paintings.


http://www.salvador-dali.org/museus/portlligat/en_visita-virtual.html
     





The Smiling Venus
View of Cadaques from the Creus Tower

Girl from Figueres


Further down towards Barcelona is Figueres in Catalonia where Salvador Dali Theater-Museum was constructed inside the ruins of the old municipal theater.


"Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — 
the joy of being Salvador Dalí — and I ask myself in rapture, 
‘What wonderful things is this Salvador Dalí going to accomplish today?’"





Once inside his museum, you will be stumbling upon labyrinths of  his ingenious artwork. 
His house and his museum captures the outstanding imagination of a genius. 
A world of extravagance and fantasy made into a reality for all art lovers to see and experience.


http://www.salvador-dali.org/museus/figueres/en_index.html
Barcelona Mannequin

 Soft  Self-Portrait with Grilled Bacon


a portrait of captivating beauty....Gala.
The Happy Horse


“Where, if not in my own town, should the most extravagant and solid of my work endure, where if not here? 
The Municipal Theatre, or what remained of it, struck me as very appropriate, and for three reasons:
 first, because I am an eminently theatrical painter; 
second, because the theatre stands right opposite the church where I was baptised; 
and third, because it was precisely in the hall of the vestibule of the theatre where I gave my first exhibition of painting.”


a painting of Dali hanging above the ceiling.

There are countless of other mediums of artwork that will astound you.
 Aside from his numerous paintings are his bizarre sculptures and installations that show his unique vision.

the Mae West Room
These are just a few of many of his priceless works. 
I enjoyed my visit to his museum and happy to share it with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment