Monday, July 5, 2010

Home is where my heart is...I ♥♥♥ u.


Moving back to the Philippines after living in California was a major move for me.When I migrated to the states in 1982, I have made Los Angeles my home. I went to college, worked, gave birth and raised my son as a single mom. After living in LA for more than 15 years, I moved back to Manila to get married to my longtime "on and off"  boyfriend. It was heartbreaking for me to leave my family, my friends, my independent life and most of all, my son who opted to stay in LA with his father.


So here I am "back home". It was difficult to adapt in this new life I chose to live. But the moment I bonded with my close friends from high school, I felt refreshed and happy to be back. Manila is my home. I grew up with them from kindergarten till high school. They are my family too. Now, I don't feel empty and guilty anymore. I'm happy to be back. My son and I both feel lucky to have two homes from across the seas.

3 comments:

  1. reconnecting with friends from way back remains an amazement to me...short of saying a miracle!

    thanks for being my friend! :D

    by the way.. i love the prayer...!

    the prayer makes me feel a degree closer to my halo of goodness... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I don't know how you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my home.. upon reading this one, I'm reminded of a lot of things including the kinds of people i met that made me realize what home is all about.. huhuhu

    ReplyDelete