Monday, March 1, 2010

Wonder of the World


 It was a long and bumpy ride to Sagada. This is a road trip that one must experience even once in their lifetime. Of course you can fly to the mountains and see it in a different perspective which I'm sure is fabulous and expensive, but we opted to take our guest in an SUV. It took us 8 hours long but the sight of the countryside along the highway was beautiful and tranquil. We drove past the banawe rice terraces and you can't help but look at it with pride and joy in your heart.








When we reached Sagada, I know I'm in a good place. You look at the children's faces and find happiness which simple life offers them. A small town that values family and tradition and have utmost respect to their dead. So a walk to the school grounds put a smile on my face. 
  

 
Whenever I'm in a new place, I always visit their local church. Missionaries are committed in taking care of the locals by preserving the simplicity, integrity and dignity of SAGADA. There is a certain spirituality that you feel when you're here. A perfect place for soul-searching.



What is there to do in a small town? A visit to the cave was an exhilarating experience. Here I was in my hiking boots and our guide told me that all I need are rubber slippers. The cave was underground, vast and wet. When I got to the cave, it smelled like coffee which turned out to be the stench of bat poo. We were walking on limestone which was not slippery at all. It provided a grip that won't make you slide or slip. The ripples from the rain were left engraved on the limestone. The water was clear and cold.


Are you ready for this? This is not man-made. This is a natural carving done by mother nature. Nothing in this cave is painted or vandalized. Pretty amazing work.


And now it's time to leave this magical place and head back down to the city.

moo....moooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment